What’s stopping the emails from arriving in your Yahoo Mail inbox? Is it some technical glitch in your account, or there’s issue from the sender’s end? No matter what the reason could be, it is frustrating and can land you in a problem when your “Yahoo Mail is not receiving emails”.
Since there could be a myriad of issues that prevent the email messages from reaching your inbox, there are measures that you can take to fix them.
How to Fix Yahoo Mail Not Receiving Emails on Computer
Use the following steps to identify the issue and find ways to fix it.
- Check Your Account for Any Error: Check for any errors that may prevent emails from arriving. For that, you need to sign in to your Yahoo Mail account and send yourself an email. If you receive that email, your account is working just fine. In case of any error, you have got to address the same as soon as possible.
- Check Account Settings: After checking your Yahoo Mail account for the above issues, you are persuaded to review your account settings.
- Take a Look at Spam Folder: When you are not receiving emails, you need to do the basic – check your spam folder. If you have an automatic bulk-email filter turned on, it does its task immaculately. However, it does make errors sometimes. It may send emails to the spam folder occasionally, thus checking the spam folder is a great way to fix the error.
- Yahoo Mail Filters – Keep a Check: Yahoo uses a plethora of filters to ensure you have a seamless experience. Sometimes, these filters fail to behave correctly. When this happens, your Yahoo Mail account may not function to the fullest.
- Have You Checked Your Blocked Address List? One potential reason you are no more receiving emails from a particular sender is that you have put his/ her email address to the block list. No matter whether it was done intentionally or not, you have got to unblock the email address. Visit the “Security and Privacy” section of account settings to block or unblock email addresses.
- Reset Your Web Browser: Sometimes, your browser is to be blamed for issues in Yahoo Mail. It is quite possible since the web browser accumulates cookies and data over a period that might affect how websites behave. Reset your web browser – Chrome, Safari, etc.
- Reply-to Address: Have you mentioned a different email address in the ‘reply-to’ address? That could be a reason that your Yahoo Mail is not receiving emails. “Make sure your reply-to address is blank”, mentions Yahoo.
- Make Sender Check Their Account: When all the above issues are clear, and there’s no such error from your end, it is time to ask the sender to check their account. Maybe, the problem is on the sender’s side. Have them check their account for the correct email address they have used and contact their email provider for any assistance.
How to Fix Yahoo Mail Not Receiving Emails on Mobile Device
When you are receiving emails on a computer but not on your iPhone, iPad, Android phone, or tablet, we have got some solid troubleshooting tips that you can count on.
Note: Refer to the above top fixes when the emails are not arriving in your inbox on a computer.
Emails Not Receiving on a Mobile Browser:
Check whether your mobile web browser is working fine or not. If there’s something wrong with it, you might not receive emails. Try a fix –
- Make sure you a using a supported web browser.
- Check if your device is connected to an active internet network.
- Force stop and restart the browser.
- Update the browser to the latest version.
- Turn off private browsing.
- Restart your mobile device.
- Clear your browser cookies and cache.
- Enable location services.
- Use a different web browser.
- Uninstall and reinstall your browser.
- Update your OS to the latest version.
- Contact the phone manufacturer.
Emails Not Receiving in Yahoo Mail App:
Try the following when you are not receiving emails in the Yahoo Mail App –
- Update the App: You need to update your Yahoo mail app to the latest version.
- Sign Back in to Connect: If the connection is lost (between your account and the app), you won’t receive emails. You can sign out and sign back in to reconnect.
- Uninstall and Reinstall Yahoo Mail App: This is the last thing to do when the above fixes don’t work. It is time to uninstall the app and install the latest version of the app that would possibly resolve the issue.
Did you find this helpful? Did you manage to fix the error? If not, call Yahoo customer service phone number to report the issue.