Email is one of the most reliable, fastest, cheapest, and easiest ways of communication. For someone heavily relies on email service to get in touch with clients and business partners, Yahoo Mail service seems to the right choice. If you use Yahoo Mail as the only communication platform, it is important that your email is protected from all kinds of unsolicited messages, alluring users to purchase products and services. These emails are mainly spam messages that may contain viruses, spyware, and malware. They may further harm your system and put the business at stake.
To safeguard your computer and business, it is a wise move to use the built-in SpamGuard feature. The spam block feature of Yahoo would surely do the job. Though the feature is automatically turn on or enabled to protect your Yahoo Mail account, it is inevitable for the users to add filters to block suspicious emails from reaching the inbox, thus safeguarding your computer, network, and business.
How to Modify SpamGuard Feature in Your Yahoo Mail Account
- Log-in to Yahoo Mail sign-in page
- Click on the gear icon and go to the page where you must select “Mail Options”
- Click the “Options” button from the drop-down menu
- Now, look for the “Empty Spam Folder” option from the drop-down box in the Spam Protection under the “General” section
- There, you get an option to select how often you wish to clear your spam folder (ex. Once a week, etc.)
- Select the “Show Images in Emails” option from the drop-down box
- Hit the ‘Save’ button to save the changes
How to Filter Spam Email
- Next time you receive a suspected email in your Yahoo Mail inbox, all you have got to do is to select the particular email and look for the Spam option right on the top bar.
- The email will go straight to the Spam filter
- If the sender tries to send any email, it will land up in the Spam folder
- You are safe now
How to Block Email Address
- Click on the email received in your inbox
- Now, on the top bar you will have this more icon (…)
- Click the icon and you will have the option of “Block Senders”
- Select the option and the sender is blocked now
Try these methods!