There can be numerous reasons that would be causing login failed error in your Android phone. It could be anything from network connection error to the hacking case. Below we have mentioned some of the most common reasons (with their solution) to help you fix login issue in your Yahoo Mail app on Android device.
Network Connection Issue
If you are connected to the internet via Wi-Fi, make sure that your device is receiving proper signal. Try opening any website in your browser and see if the internet is working fine. However, if you are connected to the internet via Mobile date, make sure that your data pack is not over.
You Have Enabled Two-Step Verification on your Yahoo Mail Account
If you have recently activated Two-Step verification feature in your Yahoo Mail account, you might not be able to access Yahoo Mail app on your Android Phone. In such case, you will need to generate a special password to access Yahoo Mail app. For this, open your Yahoo Mail account on a supported web browser and go to Settings (Gear icon) > Account info > Account security > Generate app password. Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the process of generating app password. Once the password is generated, use it to log into your Yahoo Mail app on your Android phone.
Mobile Number has Changed
If you have replaced the phone number with a new one on the same Android device, you might not be able to access Yahoo Mail app. In such case, you will need to add the new phone number in your Yahoo Mail account. To do this, open the Yahoo Mail on your web browser and go to Settings (Gear icon) > Account info > Account security > Phone number > Add recovery phone number. Enter your new phone number and click Send SMS button. You will get a code on your new phone number. Enter this code in the provided field and click Verify. Now you will able to access your account in Yahoo Mail Android app.
Someone Changed the Password for your Account
If you think that the security of your Yahoo Mail account has been compromised, it is best to reset the password for your account. This will eliminate the hacker from having access to your account. To reset the password, follow these steps:
- On your web browser, go to the Yahoo sign-in page and enter your email address, and click Next. This will direct you to next screen where you will be prompted to enter your password.
- As your password is not working, click on the link – I forgot my password. This will redirect you to next page where you will get one of the account recovery options (phone number or email address) registered with your Yahoo account.
- Click Yes, text me an Account Key if you recognize the given option and you have access to it. However, if you don’t recognize the option or if you don’t have access to it, click I don’t have access to this phone/email address. This will lead you to another account recovery option (if any).
Related Article: How to Recover Yahoo Password
NOTE- You must have access to one of the account recovery options to reset the password for your account.
- Once you receive the Account Key, enter it on the next screen in the provided field.
- If it verified successfully,
you will be directed to next page where you will see a Success message with
these two options:
- Create a new password
- To reset the password, select the second option – Create a new password. On the next page, enter the new password in the provided fields and click Continue.
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- This way you will be able to reset the password for your Yahoo Mail account.
So, this is how you can easily fix the Login failed error on your Android phone. For further assistance feel free to get in touch with our third-party Yahoo Mail customer support team. Our team is available round the clock via customer service helpline number (toll-free), email, and live chat support.