There can be numerous reasons for the Yahoo mail “Login failed” error in your mobile browser or mobile app on Android phone or tablet. It could be anything from network connection error to the hacking case. Below we have mentioned some of the most common reasons (with their solution) to help you fix the Sign-in issue in your Yahoo Mail app or browser on Android.
Issues Related to Android Device
Use the below tips to fix common problems in your Android device.
1. Network Connection Issue
- If you are connected to the internet via Wi-Fi, make sure that your device is receiving a proper signal.
- If you are connected to the internet via Mobile date, make sure that your data pack is not over.
- Try opening any website in your browser and see if the internet is working fine.
Make sure your Android device is connected to the Internet else Yahoo mail app won’t work.
2. Review permissions for Your Android app
You might be facing sign-in issues with your Yahoo mail as you haven’t given required permission to the Android app on which you are using Yahoo mail. It is recommended to review permission for your Android app and make sure it’s enabled.
3. Using Non-Yahoo Mobile App
If you have activated the Two-Step verification or Account key in your Yahoo Mail account, you might not be able to access Yahoo Mail on some third-party email apps that do not use Yahoo branded sign-in page. In such a case, you will need to generate an app password to access your Yahoo mail account on the non-Yahoo app.
To generate an app password (a long and randomly generated code), open your Yahoo Mail account on a supported web browser and go to Settings (Gear icon) > Account info > Account security > Generate app password. Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the process to generate an app password. Once the password is generated, use it along with your Yahoo email address to log into your email app on your Android phone or tablet.
To know how to turn off Yahoo Account Key – click here
4. You have Changed your Phone Number
If you have replaced your old phone number with a new one on the same Android device, you might not be able to access Yahoo Mail app. Now, you will need to add this new mobile phone number to your Yahoo Mail account. To do this, open the Yahoo Mail on your web browser and go to Settings (Gear icon) > Account info > Account security > Phone numbers > Add recovery phone number. Enter your new phone number and click the Send SMS button. You will get a code on your new phone number. Enter this code in the provided field and click Verify. Now you will able to login to your account in the Yahoo Mail Android app.
5. Other Device Related Problems
- Yahoo mail app not working – Contact Yahoo customer service number for help or read help articles related to this problem.
- There may be a problem with your Android device, contact device manufacturer, or navigate help pages.
- Delete Cache and cookies – First clear mobile browser cache and cookies, then sign out of your Yahoo mail account and sign in again. If you are using your Yahoo mail on a mobile app, clear your app data and cache.
Issues Related to Yahoo Mail Password
Apart from the above problems with your Android device, your Yahoo mail may not be working because of below password related problems –
1. Invalid Yahoo ID or Password
If you encounter Invalid Login ID or password message with your Yahoo mail account on Android app or mobile browser, this can be because of the following reasons –
- You might be typing incorrect id or password, so recheck it before submitting it.
- Your device keyboard might auto-capitalize the first letter of your password.
- Disable mobile browser autofill settings.
- Another reason that can cause a mobile sign-in error is that you forgot your password or your Yahoo mail account is hacked, and someone has changed your login id or password. Reset your Yahoo mail account password immediately by tapping “Forgot Password”.
2. Someone Changed the Password for your Yahoo Account
If you think that the security of your Yahoo Mail account has been compromised, it is best to reset the password for your account. This will eliminate the hacker from having access to your account. To reset the password, follow these steps:
- On your mobile browser, go to the Yahoo sign-in page, enter your email address and tap Next. This will direct you to the next screen where you will be prompted to enter your password.
- As your password is not working, tap on “Forgotten Password”. This will redirect you to the page where you will get the account recovery options (phone number and email address) registered with your Yahoo mail account. You must have access to one of the account recovery options to reset your account’s password.
If you don’t recognize the recovery options or don’t have access to the registered phone number or email, click I need more options. This will lead you to another account recovery option (if any).
- Tap on any of the recovery options available in your account (Make sure you have access to it). Now Yahoo will send a verification code on the selected recovery option.
- Enter the verification code in the provided field and tap Verify.
- After successful verification of your Yahoo account, you will be directed to set a new password for your Yahoo mail account. Enter the new password in the provided fields and click Continue.
- This way, you will be able to recover the password for your Yahoo Mail account.
So, this is how you can quickly fix the Yahoo mail login failed error on your Android mobile phone or tablet.