Are you logging in to your Yahoo Mail account after a gap of a month or two? Or Not able to sign in to the Yahoo account due to the wrong password.
Forgetting passwords is a prevalent problem these days, as remembering every password is very difficult because of multiple online accounts (email or social media) used by a user and also because of the autofill feature of the browser. If you are using Yahoo mail, you don’t have to worry about this issue as Yahoo provides you two options to reset your Yahoo mail password.
If you have recently joined Yahoo, this article carries information that you would find quite handy.
How to Reset Forgotten Yahoo Mail Password
There are two ways to reset your forgotten Yahoo mail password –
- Yahoo mail password recovery using a registered mobile number.
- Recover Yahoo mail password using an alternate email address.
1. Recover Yahoo Mail Password via Mobile Number –
To reset your Yahoo Mail password using a mobile number, open Yahoo Sign-in page in a supported web browser on your computer or phone and follow the below steps –
- Enter your Yahoo username, email address, or mobile number in the prescribed field and click Next. (If you don’t remember your username, click Forgotten username.)
- Here, you will need to enter the password. Since you don’t remember it, click the “Forgotten Password” link (see in the following picture).
- Now you need to select the mobile number reset option by clicking on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the missing digits of your mobile number and click Submit.
- You will now receive an 8-character verification code via SMS on your mobile phone. Enter the code in the blank field and click Verify.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to change your Yahoo mail password to a new one.
- There you go! You will now get access to your Yahoo Mail account using the new password.
2. Yahoo Mail Password Recovery via Email Address –
If you have changed your mobile number and it’s not updated with your Yahoo mail account, you can retrieve your Yahoo mail password using an alternate email address. Here are instructions to reset Yahoo mail password via email address –
- Go to the Yahoo sign-in page on a browser.
- Enter your Yahoo email address and click “Next“.
- Now click on “Forgotten Password“.
- If you have an alternative email added with your Yahoo account, click on that email address from the recovery options.
- Yahoo will now send an 8-character verification code to your email inbox. Enter the code and click Verify.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to set a new Yahoo mail password. Enter a new password and click Continue.
After you regain access to your account, we recommend you activate Yahoo Account Key for password-free access to Yahoo mail. Yahoo account key is free, secure, and you’ll never have to remember a password again.
Even a non-tech-savvy person can easily execute the above Yahoo mail password reset options. If users find these methods tough or are not able to access their Yahoo Mail account, they should get in touch with the Yahoo support professionals.