For ages, Yahoo Mail connects you with those who matter the most. This email sensation platform comes with handy messaging and emailing techniques that enable you to stay up-to-date with friends, family, and professional clients with ease. All you need to have a pc or mobile device with potential Internet access to create a Yahoo mail account. However, sometimes, you accidentally give out your email id, which lately costs you a bit, as this causes unfortunate persistent messages through an unknown email address. In case you are in the same situation, troubleshoot the problem by blocking an Email Address on Yahoo. The appropriate steps are guided-below.
Block an Unwanted Email Address in Yahoo Mail
Yahoo Mail lets you block unwanted email senders within a couple of minutes. Let’s jump into the steps:
- Go to Yahoo Mail official website in a web browser, and log in to your account.
- Once you logged in, select the Settings gear icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Choose More Settings, available at the bottom of the Settings panel.
- It’s time to select the Security and Privacy category and then head back to Add next to Blocked Address.
- Now, in the Add an email address to block option, visit the Address text box and type the unwanted email address which you want to stop.
- Select Save and apply changes.
All the steps mentioned above are only applicable in the updated version of Yahoo mail. For Yahoo Mail Basic, find these steps.
How to Block an Email Address in Yahoo Mail Basic
To add an email address to the blocked senders list, you will need to follow the below steps:
- To begin with, launch Yahoo mail and select the drop-down arrow available next to your account name.
- Select Options and then navigate to Go.
- Choose Blocked Addresses from the left pane.
- Now, in the Add an address text box, start typing the email address that you want to block.
- Use (+) sign to add the address to your blocked list.
- Click save to complete the procedure.
Related Post:- How to Block Banner Ads in Yahoo Mail?
How to Block an email in Yahoo Mobile App
For your convenience, Yahoo launched its mobile application for Android and iPhone. By downloading the application, you can use it anytime and reply to all your important emails with ease.
- Launch Yahoo Mail app on your mobile device.
- Tap the menu icon located in the top-left corner.
- Now, choose “Filters” under the “Tools” option.
- Click on the plus icon (+) in the top-right corner.
- In the next step, choose a name for the new filter and type the email address that you want to block into the “Sender” field.
- Once you are done, click on the “Done” button.
So, this is how you can block unwanted or spam email addresses in Yahoo Mail. You can also contact Yahoo toll free number for customer support.