How to Change Your Yahoo Mail Password Instantly
The first line of defense in saving your Yahoo account against vulnerable threats is your password. Your Yahoo account password allows you access to other Yahoo services you make use of. Therefore, it is always recommended to frequently update your password and ensure that it’s unique from the one you use for your other accounts.
Get Reliable Assistance from Yahoo Customer Support for Changing Yahoo Mail Password
Changing password is an easy affair, provided you know where to locate the option in your Yahoo account. Once you are able to find the option in your account, all you need to do is follow the on-screen prompts to change the password of your account. However, if you are unable to change your password, you can seek instance assistance by contacting Yahoo email customer service. The team of Yahoo customer support has prudent experts who are capable of handling various Yahoo relates issues and queries of the users.
Things to Consider Before Changing Your Yahoo Mail Account Password
Although changing password for your Yahoo account is an easy task, however, there are certain things that you need to consider. This includes:
- Make sure to use a unique password for your account. It should be different from the passwords that you use for your other account. Using the same password for your Yahoo account can make both vulnerable to online threats in case either of them gets hacked.
- Create a password with a combination of alphabets, numbers, and special characters. Using such a combination in the password makes it difficult for anyone to guess your password and gain access to your account.
- Make sure to keep changing your password every couple of months for better security of your account.
Steps to Change Password of your Yahoo Mail Account
- On your computer, open a Yahoo-supported web browser, and go to the Yahoo sign-in page.
- On the Yahoo sign-in page, enter the login credentials of the Yahoo account for which you wish to change the password.
- Once you are logged in to your Yahoo Mail account, you will need to click on your profile picture/name located on the top-right corner of the screen. A drop-down menu will appear on your screen.
- From the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, you will need to select the Account info. This will take you to the Account info section of your Yahoo account.
- On the Account info page, you will need to select the Account security option from the left-hand side panel. You will be directed to the Account security section.
- Under Account security, you will need to click on the Select Change password option.
- As you will click on the Change password option, you will be directed to the next screen where you will be prompted to enter your new password.
- In the provided fields, you will need to enter your new password and click on the Continue button. The password for your Yahoo account will be changed right away.