Over the years, Yahoo has thrived hard to protect the sovereignty, integrity, security, and privacy of its users. For the tech giant, security is something that it cannot compromise with. It has developed so many amazing features to add extra layer security. One outstanding example is its Account Key feature. Anyway, when someone tries to breach the security norms, Yahoo not only stops them but also locks the account. As a result, you might encounter a “temporary locked Yahoo account”.
In this post, we will talk about “how to unlock temporarily locked Yahoo Account”.
Top Reasons Your Yahoo Account Is Locked
Yahoo locks your account temporarily after repeated “unsuccessful attempts to sign in”. The system detects threats to your account if you are asked to verify your identity multiple times. When this happens, the system tries to protect your information by getting your account locked temporarily.
Here are the reasons why your Yahoo Account might get locked repeatedly.
- Frequent login attempts from different geographic locations within a short span.
- Your IP address is constantly changing or hidden.
- Yahoo detected a risk to your password.
- Entering the wrong passwords repeatedly.
- Incorrect IMAP and POP settings.
- Suspicious activity in your Yahoo account.
- Sending bulk emails in a limited time.
- When your account is marked as spam by other users.
- Unlicensed access to third-party software or apps.
In most cases, your Yahoo Account will unlock after 12 hours automatically. If you can’t wait for long, you can regain access instantaneously using the Sign-in Helper.
Top 3 Methods to Unlock Temporarily Locked Yahoo Account
The locked Yahoo account can be unlocked in three ways or methods.
#Method 1 –
- Go to the Yahoo Sign-in Helper page and enter your “email address or phone number”.
- You may use your registered phone number or enter your alternate email address to receive the code.
- The security questions should be answered.
- Then you need to follow the on-screen instructions to unlock your locked Yahoo Mail account.
#Method 2 –
- Remove the POP and IMAP settings (for your email client).
- Then you should disable the third-party applications.
- Now, you are encouraged to use a different browser to access your account.
- You should retrieve your account without any error.
#Method 3 –
Try using other servers. Yahoo is known for its servers around the world. You may try logging in using a different server. When you have a new server, it offers fresh or new cookies. This will allow you to sign in to your account without an error.
Here are the servers to try to access your account –
- http://uk.mail.yahoo.com/ – UK
- https://login.yahoo.com/config/mail?.intl=in – India
- https://login.yahoo.com/config/login – Canada
- https://login.yahoo.com/config/login – USA
#Method 4 –
If you have been accessing your Yahoo Mail account on one browser for a long period, cookies of that browser store the data that further helps you access your account easily.
But unfortunately, if you enter the wrong login credentials recurrently, cookies with the right password will possibly expire. This will put Yahoo into thinking some suspicious activity in your account, hence locking your account temporarily.
The best way to deal with this and get back to your account is to switch the browser. A new browser ensures fresh cookies. It will allow you easily sign-in to your Yahoo account.
These methodsare quite effective and are used by many to immediately get back into the Yahoo account.
Didn’t get back into your account? If it is not very urgent, you can wait for 12 hours. Yahoo will allow you to access your emails.
If it is important and you can’t wait, reach out to the knowledgeable professionals. Yahoo Email Customer Support ensures you get rid of the issue instantaneously.
How to Secure Your Yahoo Account?
Since this happens because Yahoo thinks there’s a security breach, you should take ample measures to secure your Yahoo account. Good online habits, up-to-date contact info, and safe sign-in methods will keep your account safe from online hackers and scammers.
Use the following methods to not only prevent unauthorized access to your Yahoo Mail account but also keep your information private.
Use Account Key: The unique Yahoo Account Key keeps your account safe. It further saves you not only from remembering multiple passwords but also from intruders. Once enabled, you will receive a verification code on your device. Only after you approve it, Yahoo will give you the access. To set up Account Key –
- Visit the Yahoo Account security page.
- Click “See how it works”.
- Choose the device that you wish to receive a notification every time there’s an attempt made.
- Click “Send me a notification”.
- Tap the “Approve” icon on your mobile phone.
- Click “Always use Yahoo Account Key” on the web browser.
- You need to then confirm the mobile number.
- Always practice safe online habits to keep your information secure.
- Reach out to the certified technicians if you need help!