Despite being tagged as one of the most trusted email services, Yahoo users still have to deal with a wide range of technical errors. One of the common Yahoo Mail errors that users often encounter is “error code 554”. Yahoo Mail error code 554 (Message not allowed) is a Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) mistake that occurs when a client sends an email. So here’s a complete guide on how to fix Yahoo Email error code 554.
Why Does Yahoo Mail Error Code 554 Occur?
Amongst several reasons for facing the error 554 in Yahoo Mail –
- When an email is sent to the wrong email address. (When this happens, the email comes back to the sender, thus causing the error)
- Check whether the content of the message has objectionable links or illegitimate content.
- When spam has been sent from your Yahoo mail account (even though unintentionally), this could be a major reason why most users face this error 554.
- Check whether the device on which you are using Yahoo mail has wrong time settings.
If you continue to get this error, your communications might get blocked for a long time. You need to be more cautious and make sure the above-mentioned reasons do not happen.
How to Fix Yahoo Email Error Code 554?
Now that you know the reasons behind the error, here’s an attempt to help you get rid of it. Make sure you follow the steps meticulously to have a safer and secure Yahoo experience. Here’s what you need to do –
- Before sending an email, make sure that the recipient’s address is correct. It shouldn’t be invalid, no matter what. At any point, if you feel that it is a wrong address, refrain yourself from sending an email. After all, you wouldn’t want to suffer – would you?
- You may like to use other brand mailboxes in case you doubt the authenticity of the recipient’s email. You can further verify the existence of the recipient’s mailbox.
- Review your email content. Make sure the content is valid and legitimate. It shouldn’t have offensive links or malicious attachments. It shouldn’t include any embedded objects like Java Scripts or HTMP forms.
- You are also encouraged to review Yahoo Policy. There are times when you send something inappropriate and violate Yahoo Policy.
- Check if your email is sending bad header information.
What’s the Fuss about Error 554?
Although it seems to be quite normal, ensure that it doesn’t continue to occur. Repeated occurrence might prove lethal to your Yahoo account. On the other hand, this is a minor problem if handled correctly and more carefully.
All you have to do is to go through the steps without missing out on any important information and follow scrupulously. If you still need assistance, you may contact the customer support team. The professionals are available round the clock to help you.
What are you waiting for? Get rid of the error right now!