Are you a yahoo account user, and you are looking for the ways through which you can recover your yahoo account? If yes, then don’t get panic at all as you can now quickly recover your yahoo mail account in few easy steps. In case you are not aware that your account has been deleted or someone has deleted your account, then don’t get worried as yahoo helps you to recover your deleted account if someone else deleted your account. One more thing to keep in mind is that you can reopen it as long as it was deleted within the last 30 days.
Yahoo will never reactivate your deleted Yahoo Mail account if:
- You have not used your Yahoo account for the last 12 months (365 days).
- There was a violation of the Yahoo Terms of Service.
- Yahoo account has been deleted for more than 30 days. (90 days for Australia, India, or New Zealand & 180 days for Brazil, Hong Kong, or Taiwan)
How to Know if your Yahoo Mail Account has been Permanently Deleted
If you want to check if your Yahoo Mail account has been permanently deleted or not, do the following:
- Open Yahoo sign-in helper page on a web browser.
- Enter your Yahoo email address or registered phone number and select Continue.
- If you see the message, Sorry, we don’t recognize that email address or phone number, it means your account got permanently deleted, and it can’t be recovered anymore.
To recover your account, you will need to apply the below-mentioned steps:
How to Reactivate Yahoo Mail Account
In case your account meets the reactivation criteria as per Yahoo policy and not permanently deleted, then follow the below steps from your web browser to reactivate your yahoo account.
- First of all, open the Yahoo Sign-in Helper page.
- Type your Yahoo email address or phone number and click Continue.
- Now verify your identity to prove you’re the owner of the yahoo account. Select a verification method – Text or Email.
- Enter the verification code sent to your registered phone number or email.
- After verifying your account, you’re advised to create a new password. You can change your password or select I’ll secure my account later.
- After completing this process, you will get a “Success” message that says you’re now signed in.
- If you see this message, your account has been reactivated and can be used right away.
- If someone else has deleted your account, then you need to change your yahoo password to secure your account.
- Always use an alphanumerical password, which is difficult for anyone to guess and change the password frequently to secure your account.
Recover Old Emails, Contacts and Other Data
After the recovery of your Yahoo mail account, your emails, contacts, and other account data may not be available. If you are not able to recover your account data, get connected with yahoo customer support number, and get help for the same.