In recent years, Yahoo has gained considerable popularity and is considered one of the best emailing platforms globally. However, Yahoo majorly lacks when you are trying to complete the login procedure, but suddenly your screen shows Yahoo Mail Sign-In Error. In that case, you can follow the below-mentioned steps and fix Yahoo Mail login problems with consummate ease.
You are advised to use Yahoo Account Key to avoid Yahoo sign-in issues in the future.
Reasons for Yahoo Mail Login Problems?
There could be several reasons that make it difficult for the users to sign in to the Yahoo mail account. Below you can check the major ones:
Password and Yahoo ID Issues
Here, we have categorized the Yahoo id and password issues into three categories –
#1 Forgot your Yahoo ID
If you don’t remember your Yahoo id, simply take help from the “Forgotten username?” page. All you need to do is to use your recovery email address or mobile number, and Yahoo will send you a verification code to validate your identity. After verifying, you will regain access to your Yahoo account.
#2 Forgot your Yahoo Password
If you know your Yahoo ID but cannot recall your Yahoo Password, you can easily reset it. To reset the forgotten Yahoo password, you will require to follow the below steps:
- Open your web browser to explore Yahoo login page.
- On the given page, enter your Yahoo username, email address, or mobile number and press the Next button.
- Now click on Forgotten Password?, you will see the password recovery methods, i.e., alternative email address or phone number.
- Select one of the recovery methods and verify the account.
In case you don’t have a recovery email ID or phone number added to your Yahoo account, you need to answer the security questions to get your Yahoo account back.
- Finally, you will be directed to a page where you are required to type a new password.
- Now click on Apply changes and you are done with the process.
#3 You Get an “Invalid Yahoo ID or Password” Message
This “Invalid Yahoo ID or Password” error is one of the most common issues that Yahoo users ever faced. It is due to the incorrect combination of Yahoo ID and password you are using in the login details. If you are also getting the same error message, follow-up some basic rules to avoid this situation:
- Type the correct user id and password and cross-check it before hitting the Submit button.
- Make sure to check the caps lock & num lock key while entering the password.
- Disable web browser autofill settings.
- If still getting the same error, try a different web browser.
- Another situation that can cause an “Invalid Yahoo ID or Password” error is that someone anonymous has changed your login credentials. It will help if you change your Yahoo password immediately using Yahoo Sign-in Helper. To avoid this in the future, enable two-step security, and update your account recovery email and phone number frequently.
Other Yahoo Login Issues
The other major situations that create Yahoo sign-in issues are as under:
#1 Got a “First Time Signing in Here?” Message
If you are signing in to your Yahoo mail account from an unrecognized device or location that you haven’t used before, at that time, Yahoo might ask you to verify the account using a verification code (sent to your recovery phone number or email address).
#2 Yahoo Mail Account is Locked
When you enter the wrong login password multiple times, Yahoo temporarily locked your account to protect your account. However, it will unlock automatically after 12 hours, but use the Yahoo Sign-in Helper if you want to regain access immediately.
Yahoo can also temporarily lock your account, if –
- Your IP address is constantly changing.
- Someone tries to log in to your Yahoo account from different geographic locations.
- Your Yahoo mail account password is at risk.
If your Yahoo account is locked, contact Yahoo online chat support to get it unlocked.
#3 Yahoo Sign-in Screen Reloads or Loops
Sometimes, you might get stuck in the Yahoo login screen loop and can’t find the solution. Well, to solve this reload problem, try following these steps:
- To start with, visit the Yahoo sign-in page and click “Not you?”.
- Now, enter your Yahoo login ID and password.
- Finally, click Sign in.
If the above steps don’t fix the issue, try attempting these instructions and try to log in after each one.
- Clear all your web browser cookies.
- Quit and head-back to your browser.
- Try using a different supported browser. (Make sure the browser is updated with the latest version.)
IE (Internet Explorer) is no longer a supported browser for Yahoo products. Yahoo supported browsers are – Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge.
Use all the above-mentioned information to possibly fix the Yahoo Mail login errors.
Note: If the Yahoo mail recovery options displayed for your account are out-of-date, and you don’t remember answers to security questions, you won’t be able to regain access to your account again.