If you are using Yahoo mail on an Android smartphone, tablet, iPhone, or iPad and you want to change the password for your Yahoo account, you can do so by following the step-by-step instructions provided below. However, when changing the password, make sure that it is different from other passwords you use (It is recommended to use different passwords for different websites). Here are the steps to change Yahoo mail password on Android and iPhone.
Steps to Change Yahoo Account Password on Android or iPhone/ iPad
- On your Android phone, tablet, iPhone, or iPad, go to the application menu screen and tap on the Yahoo Mail app icon.
- Now in your Yahoo Mail app, tap on the menu icon (three horizontal lines). A drop-down menu will appear on your screen.
- From the drop-down menu, tap on Manage Accounts.
- Under Manage Accounts section, tap on the Security settings.
- Next, enter your security code.
- Then, tap on the Change password.
- After that, tap on the “I would rather change my password”
- Now, enter your new password in the prompted fields and tap on the Continue button. The password for your Yahoo Mail account is now changed to the new one.
Tips for Strong Yahoo Mail Password
It is recommended to use a strong password to secure your Yahoo mail account against any hacking activity.
- Make sure that the password is a unique one and you are not using it anywhere.
- The new password you are using must contain at least one alphabet, number, and special character. Creating a password with such a combination will be difficult to crack by hackers.
- Try changing your password every few months.
- Enable Yahoo two-step verification feature for enhanced security.
So, this is how you change the password for your Yahoo Mail account from Yahoo mobile App.