Yahoo Account Key is one of the important features that help you to secure your account. With the help of Yahoo account key you can add an extra level of security to your account and thus can make your life easier, but sometimes due to various issues you cannot keep the process running and you need to turn off yahoo account key from computer smoothly. It can be due to any reason whether you lost your mobile phone or your apps aren’t working properly, simply what you need is to follow these instructions to help fix these problems.
If you are not able to turn off yahoo account key from computer then you cannot access your account without account key. So follow the steps carefully. Here you will get complete list of details about how you can turn off this method. But before this you should know this adds an extra security to your account and thus prevents from hacks. If you turn off this setting then you will not get any notifications if someone uses your account.
How to turn off Account Key from a Computer
- First of all open your computer, then your web browser.
- After this go to your Yahoo Account info page.
- Tap on Account security.
- Now tap on Manage option next to Yahoo Account Key.
- Tap on Disable Account Key.
- Tap on Yes, disable Account Key to verify.
- Tap to Got it.
- Finally it’s done and when Next time you try to sign in to your Yahoo account, you will be able to sign in with your old password and you will not receive any sign-in notification account key on your phone.
Step for turning off Account Key from an app
- First of all you need to open an Account Key supported Yahoo app on your mobile phone.
- After this click on the Menu icon Image of the Sidebar menu icon at the top side
- Click on the Account Key.
- Click on Manage Account Key.
- After this click on Yes option and disable Account Key to verify.
- For turning off tap on disable Account Key.
Getting any help you can simply dial a