Are you looking for a Yahoo Mail troubleshooting guide? Great! This blog covers all Yahoo mail problems and their fixes.
Launched in 1997 by Yahoo, now a subsidiary of Verizon, Yahoo Mail is used by millions of people worldwide. As of January 2020, the company had more than 225 million people using Yahoo Mail for sending and receiving professional as well as personal emails.
Although Yahoo Mail is designed with safety, efficiency, ease, and reliability in mind, users of Yahoo have to deal with various technical issues at some point or the other. If your Yahoo Mail account is behaving differently and you think something is not right, here’s a complete guide to fix problems with Yahoo Mail.
Yahoo Mail Troubleshooting for Most Common Errors
Here are the major troubles that Yahoo Mail users often encounter.
- Ad Blockers (for Mail Website).
- When Menus, Buttons, or the Website Aren’t
- Can’t Send Or Receive Emails.
- Security Concerns or Can’t Sign-in,
- Missing Emails.
Solutions to the above-mentioned problems –
Disable or Unblock ad Blocking Software (for Yahoo Mail Website):
When you use ad blockers to prevent or block ads or malicious objects, they might negatively impact email functionality and performance. It will help if you disable the ad-blocking software for the mail website and whitelist Yahoo Mail to avoid encountering issues. To fix Yahoo Mail problems due to ad-blocking software, you must Whitelist Yahoo Mail in AdBlock, AdBlock Plus, AdRemover, AdAware, Ghostery, UBlock/UBlock Origin. Also, adjust browser settings to allow ads in Yahoo Mail, and change other settings.
What to do When Menus, Buttons, or the Website Aren’t Working:
- You must use the latest version of a compatible browser. You can use the updated versions of Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Edge.
- Find solutions to issues caused by computer settings or web browsers. You need to –
- Clear the web browser’s cache and update it to the latest version.
- Reboot the system.
- If there are any browser enhancements enabled, disable them.
- Firewall, antivirus, antispyware – disable them all.
- Reset the browser to the default settings.
Can’t Send or Receive Emails in Yahoo Mail:
Have you sent an email that didn’t reach the recipient? You checked for any errors but found none. In that case, the email has not been sent or is still waiting to be sent. You need to check the “Sent” and “Drafts” folder, check for typos. Or, you may ask the recipient to check their “Spam” folder, filters, or blocked address list.
If you have added “spam” filters to your mail account to prevent or block suspicious emails but facing some issues with it, check here to fix spam filter issues in Yahoo Mail.
Are you failing to receive any emails in your Inbox? If so, you need to check your Yahoo Mail account for any error, check account settings (email filters, spam folder, blocked address, and reply-to address), and ask the sender to check their “Sent” folder.
Yahoo Mail Security Concerns or Can’t Sign-in:
If there are security concerns in Yahoo Mail, you need to do three things instantaneously.
- Additional Security Features: When your account is in danger, you should consider adding a series of alerts, including Phishing alerts, Spam alerts, Mail Forwarding alerts, and Reply-to alerts. These alerts are used by many.
- Get Rid of Password Issues: The best way to get rid of password issues in your Yahoo Mail is by switching to Yahoo Account Key. Using the Account Key equips your account with more safety measures. Yahoo Account Key is more secure and free.
- Secure a Hacked Yahoo Account: Signs of a hacked account – when your Yahoo Mail sends spam to your contacts, doesn’t receive emails, logins from another location, and the account info was altered without your knowledge.
You need to review your Yahoo Mail settings and ensure that none of your information has been changed without your knowledge. Here’s a list of things that you need to check – Email signature, Email filters, Sending name, Blocked addresses, Reply-to address, Send-only address, Default sending address, Vacation response, and Auto-forwarding address.
Missing Emails: To recover missing emails, lost emails, or deleted emails, you need to send a “Restore Request” to Yahoo. Messages or emails deleted in the past 7 days can be retrieved.
Note: Restore requests once sent cannot be canceled. Yahoo doesn’t guarantee that restorations will always be successful.
Are you facing problems other than the ones mentioned above? If yes, you need to contact Yahoo Customer Support and avail yourself of quick solutions.