Although Yahoo doesn’t enjoy the popularity once it used to, Yahoo Mail remains one of the topnotch choices for sending and receiving personal as well as professional emails. Yes, Yahoo Mail is massively used for easy communication. However, due to excessive marketing emails and advertisements, your Inbox often gets flooded with unnecessary emails. If you wish to get rid of them, why not send them to another email address just by adding a send-only address. Let’s learn how to add, delete, or edit a send-only address in Yahoo Mail.
How to Add, Delete, or Edit a Send-Only Address in Yahoo Mail?
After adding a send-only email address, you need to select that account in your compose email’s “From” field (when you reply or write an email).
How to Add a Send-Only Address –
- Begin the process by launching your favorite browser.
- Log into your Yahoo Mail account and then navigate to the Settings icon.
- Look for the More Settings… option and click it.
- You will see the Mailboxes option.
- Click it and click the “More” icon. (You will find it next to the Send-only email address.)
- Click the Add button and enter the send-only email address.
- You will see a Verify button. Click that and open the email.
- Next, follow the on-screen guidelines to verify the address and complete the process.
That’s how you add a send-only address in your Yahoo Mail. In the next section, you will learn how to delete the send-only address.
Quick Guide to Delete a Send-only Address –
If you want to delete the send-only account that you have added, here’s how you can do that.
- Go to your Yahoo Mail account.
- Click the Settings icon.
- You will have several options on the screen. Select More Settings…
- Next, click the Mailboxes option.
- Now, you will see your send-only address on the screen.
- Click it and click the “Remove mailbox” option.
- The system will confirm if you actually want to delete it or press the button by mistake. So, you need to confirm it by clicking the Remove mailbox button again.
- Click the Save button to delete the send-only account or address.
Make sure you follow the steps carefully to delete the send-only address without a hassle.
Can I edit a Send-only Address?
Want to edit the “From name” of a send-only address? Here’s how you can edit the name of a send-only address without running into an error.
- On your computer, you need to go to your Yahoo Mail address.
- Navigate to the Settings icon and click it.
- Click the More Settings button and get a few options including Mailboxes.
- Select your send-only address and enter your name.
- After giving a proper name, you can click the Save button.
Read more: How to Add, Edit, or Delete Contacts in Yahoo Mail?
Can I covert my Send-only address to a Remove-only address?
Yes, you indeed can. If you ever want to convert your Send-only address to a Remove-only address, you can do that. Also, you can create a new Send-only account if you are done with the current one. You can also delete it by following the steps (mentioned above).
How quickly will the new email address get activated?
If you go for a new address, it shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes to get activated.
How do I remove “on behalf of” from a sent email when using my Send-only address?
You cannot remove it.