There are 3 ways to forward an email through Yahoo mail account, which is as follows:
- Forwarding a received mail
- Auto forwarding all Yahoo emails
- Forwarding email in bulk using MS Outlook (Email Client)
1. Forwarding a received email
The steps to forward an email message which you just received are mentioned below –
- Open www.yahoomail.com on a supported web browser.
- Sign-in using your login credentials.
- Click on the email message which you wish to forward.
- Click on the Forward icon or Press “Shift+ F”
- Now in the To field, enter the email address to which you want to forward the email. If you wish to forward it to multiple email addresses, use comma (,) and add other email address.
- You can edit the subject by clicking “Edit Subject“.
- Finally, click the “Send” button.
2. Auto Email Forwarding
If you want to automatically forward a copy of all your upcoming yahoo emails to a specific email account (Gmail, Hotmail, etc.), stick to the following procedures:
- Sign-in to the yahoo account using your credentials.
- Click on the gear-like icon “Settings“.
- Click on the “More Settings“.
- Then go to “Mailboxes“.
- Now click on the yahoo account. Check for the “Forwarding” option and enter the email address where you want to forward your yahoo emails.
- Click the “Save” button.
- All your future yahoo email messages will be sent automatically to the new email address you entered the forwarding box.
3. Forwarding Email in Bulk Using an Email Client
You can also forward Yahoo emails in bulk, but you will have to download an email client or an app like Outlook or Thunderbird, etc. Follow the below steps:
- Download and Install MS Outlook on your computer.
- Click on the “Account Settings“.
- Click on the “New Account” and choose Manual Setup.
- Enter the Yahoo login credentials.
- Select the Internet, POP, or IMAP.
- Choose the account type as “IMAP” under the server information.
- Enter imap.mail.yahoo.com into the “Incoming mail server” and smtp.mail.yahoo.com into the “Outgoing mail server” box.
- Enter the yahoo email address along with the password again. Press the “More Settings” button, select the “Outgoing Server” box and check it.
- Select “Advance” overwrite the incoming server port to 993 and select the encryption as “SSL“.
- Change the port of “Outgoing Server” to 465 and again set the encryption as “SSL“.
- Wait for a few minutes, and Outlook will download your entire yahoo emails.
- Now hold the CTRL button from your keyboard and click on the emails you want to forward. Now press CTRL+F.
- Then enter the email address of the recipients and press “Send“. (Your recipients will need to open it in the same way via an email client like Outlook or Thunderbird.)
How to Set up Yahoo Mail in Outlook on Android phone, iPhone and iPad – Click here
If you have any doubts or facing any issue in forwarding your Yahoo email messages to Gmail, get in touch with our 24*7 Yahoo Technical Support team for quick troubleshooting.