It can be frustrating when you accidentally deleted an important email or losing emails that you still need. Here is good news for Yahoo Mail users like you, as the company provides an opportunity to retrieve deleted messages. If you have deleted an important email by mistake and want it back, follow the instructions provided here. In this piece of writing, we provide information on how to recover deleted email from Yahoo mail.
Things to Remember Before Performing Email Recovery Process
- You can only restore those messages which are lost or deleted in the past seven days.
- If you send a Restore Request to Yahoo, you must know that the restoration request can’t be canceled.
- Restorations of the deleted emails are not always successful.
- All the successfully recovered emails will be added back to the same folder they were at the time of deletion. After restoration, also check the Trash folder for restored emails.
Steps to Restore Deleted Emails From Yahoo Mail
The below-mentioned steps are helpful for you to get back all your mistakenly deleted emails from Yahoo.
When you delete a message from your Yahoo mail inbox, it will automatically get transferred to the “Trash” folder in case you need it again in the future. If you have emptied your “Trash” folder, you can still recover deleted email by sending a restoration request to Yahoo.
Scenario #1 – Undelete Emails from Yahoo Mail Trash
- Visit Yahoo Mail and login to your Yahoo Mail account using the sign-in credentials.
- Now, Navigate to the “Trash” folder available at the left portion of the screen and check if the deleted message is there. (Deleted emails remain in the trash folder for one week.)
- If the message is in the trash folder, select or open the email and select the “Move” option in the Yahoo mail toolbar.
- Now, select “Inbox” or any other existing folder into which you want to transfer the email.
- This will immediately transfer email from trash to your chosen folder.
In older versions of Yahoo Mail, you can click the Restore to Inbox button to transfer deleted emails/messages out of Trash.
Scenario #2 – Recover Permanently Deleted Emails from Yahoo
If you can’t find the deleted messages in the Trash folder, you need to send a restore request to Yahoo to recover your missing emails. If your request refers to restoring lost or missing mails within the past 7 days, Yahoo can recover those emails in 8 hours. However, remember that only emails that have been deleted or have disappeared within the last seven days may eventually be recovered and that restorations may not always succeed. Follow the below steps to submit your restoration request.
- Open “Yahoo Recover lost or deleted emails Help” page and click on “Send a Restore Request“.
- Now, login to your Yahoo mail account using Yahoo id and password.
- Once you are logged in, it will open an “Email a specialist” form.
- From the drop-down menu under “Describe the problem“, select “Mail: Accidentally deleted messages on web Mail“. If you are using Yahoo mail on a mobile app, select “Mail: Accidentally deleted messages on mobile device“.
- Then, for the drop-down menu under “When did you last see the missing messages?“, select a time range.
- You need to Enter your Yahoo ID or email address in the Yahoo ID section (Might be auto-filled).
- Now enter your active email address in “Email address that you have access to” section. Yahoo will contact you using this email address. You can also use your Yahoo email address here.
- Complete the CAPTCHA after filling all the required fields, and click Create Request.
- You will be notified once deleted emails are restored.
There have been times when you accidentally delete an important email message. To help you in this situation, follow the instructions on How to Recover Deleted Emails from Yahoo and perform the steps. For further help, contact Yahoo helpline number.