Yahoo comes with numerous features and functionalities to make things easier for users. One of the best features offered by Yahoo is the option to manage and adjust your preferred language, region, and to enable location services. To know how you can change your language or location preferences, follow the instructions provided below.
Guide to Change Your Language or Location Preferences in Yahoo
To Update your Language and Region Settings
- To begin with, you will first need to open a web browser on your computer and sign in to your Yahoo account.
- Once you are logged into your Yahoo account, you will need to click on your Profile Photo located near the top-right corner of the screen. This will open a drop-down menu on your screen.
- From the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, you will need to select the Settings option. You will be directed to the Settings section of your Yahoo account on the next page.
- Once you are on the Settings section, you will need to click on the Preferences option located on the left-hand side panel. Doing so will take you to the next screen.
- On the next screen, you will simply need to click on the drop-down icon next to your current language under the LANGUAGE section. A drop-down menu will appear on your screen.
- From the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, you will be able to choose your desired language.
To Use Location Services for Managing Current Location
Whenever the device which you are using to access your Yahoo account moves into a new location, Yahoo services automatically update the location. As this is an automatic process, you will not be able to change your default location manually from the location which has been detected by Yahoo.
Activating Location Services Using Your Mobile Device
If you are using an iOS device, Safari Browser, Chrome for iOS, Android device, Android applications, Firefox, or Chrome for Android to access your Yahoo account, you will need to make sure that the location feature is turned on to activate location services using your mobile device.
Activating Location Services for Your Web Browser
For Microsoft Edge
- Open the Microsoft Edge web browser on your computer and press the Start key on your keyboard. Under the Start menu, you will need to select the Settings option and then the Cortana option.
- Under Cortana, you will need to select the Permissions or Permissions & History option.
- Next, you will need to select the Manage the information Cortana can access from this device option.
- Then, you will simply need to activate the Location setting to Off.
For Apple Safari
- To begin with, launch the Apple Safari browser on your computer and select the System Preferences option from the Apple menu that appears on your screen.
- Next, you will need to click on the Security & Privacy icon located in the System Preferences window.
- Then, under Security & Privacy section, you will need to click on the Privacy tab.
- Now if you find the padlock icon in the bottom left section appearing to be locked, you will need to click it and log in as an admin using the appropriate name and password to unlock it.
- Then, you will need to select the Location Services option and select the checkbox next to the “Enable Location Services” option.
For Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome browser on your computer.
- Next, you will need to click on the More option located in the top-right corner of the screen. This will open the drop-down menu on your screen.
- From the drop-down menu, you will need to select the Settings option from the expanded menu that appears on your screen.
- Then, go to the “Privacy and security” section and click on the Site settings option.
- After that, you will simply need to click on the Location option and select the Turn Ask before accessing the on or off option.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to change your language or location preferences in your Yahoo account.