The name you add to your Yahoo Mail account gets displayed in the message that you send to a recipient. If you do not want to send your current name to the recipient, Yahoo Mail provides an option to change it. Using this feature, you can change your sending name to anything like your nickname, company’s name, etc. The process to do so is very simple. Below are the steps that you will need to follow to change the sending name in your Yahoo Mail account.
Guide to Change Sending Name in Yahoo Mail
NOTE: When changing your sending name in Yahoo Mail, make sure that you access your account on a supported web browser like Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome, or Microsoft Edge.
- Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account on a desktop browser. And click on the Settings option (gear icon)” located on the top-right corner. This will open a menu with multiple options in the same section.
- In the expanded menu, you will need to click on the “More Settings…” option. You will find this option located in the lower section. Doing so will direct you to the “More Settings” window on your screen.
- In the “More Settings” window, click on the “Mailboxes” option located in the left-hand side panel of the page.
- Clicking on the Mailbox option will display the information of your Yahoo Mail account as well as other added accounts (if any) on the right-hand side panel. Here, you will need to select your Yahoo Mail address located under the Mailbox list. Doing so will open your Yahoo Mail account details on the-right-hand side section.
- Now, click on the text field under the “Your name” option. This will make the current name editable.
- Next, you will need to delete your current name and enter the name you wish to make appear in the recipients’ emails.
- After making the desired changes, you will simply need to click on the “Save” button located on the lower-left corner of the “Settings” window.
- Once you are done saving the new sending name in your Yahoo Mail account, you can send a test email to your email address. This will you will be able to know whether or not you can see if the sending name is appearing as expected.
- So, now you will need to click on the “Compose” button located in the left-hand side panel and enter an email address in the “To” field. Then, you will need to enter a test message and click on the Send button.
- Now, simply open the email account to which you sent the test email. If the above-mentioned steps are followed properly, you will see your sending name appearing as per the changes you made in your Yahoo Mail account.
So, now as you know the steps to change the sending name in your Yahoo Mail account, you can easily configure the desired name as many times as you want in your account. In addition to changing your sending name, you can also add a signature to your outgoing emails by following the steps provided below.
Adding a Signature in your Yahoo Mail Account
- To begin with, you will first need to sign in to your Yahoo Mail account on a supported web browser.
- After you are logged in to your account, you will need to click on the Settings option (gear icon) located in the upper-right corner of the window. Doing so will expand the menu below the Settings section.
- In the expanded menu, click on the More Settings… option located in the lower section. This will take you to the complete settings section.
- On the next screen, you will need to select the Mailbox option located on the left-hand side panel. On the right-hand side, you will see the Mailbox Management section.
- Under the Mailbox Management section, select the email address for which you wish to add a signature.
- Selecting the email address will open a menu on the further-right hand side where you will see the Signature section.
- Here, you will need to click on the Slider button next to the Signature option. This will make the signature field editable.
- In the provided field, you will need to create your desired signature using the different text and font options provided under the signature box.
- Once you are done creating the desired signature, simply click on the Save button.
- After you are done creating the signature, you can send a test email to know whether or not the signature is appearing as expected.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to create and add a signature to your Yahoo Mail account.