Yahoo Mail is known for offering a lot of features and options to its users, making them feel having complete control of their accounts. One such feature provided by Yahoo mail to the users is the option to decide whether or not images to be displayed in their Yahoo Mail account. If you don’t know about this feature and wish to know how to block images in your incoming Yahoo Mail messages on Android and desktop, go through the information provided below.
Steps to Block Images in Your Incoming Yahoo Mail Messages on Android
If you access your Yahoo Mail account using the mobile app version on your Android device, you can block the images in the incoming messages of your Yahoo Mail account by following these steps:
- Go to the applications menu on your Android device and tap on the Yahoo Mail app.
- Once the Yahoo Mail app gets opened on your screen, you will need to tap on your profile picture located on the top-left corner of the screen. This will expand the menu on your screen.
- From the expanded menu, you will need to select the Settings option. You will be directed to the settings section of your Yahoo Mail account where you will see a list of different options and features that you can enable and disable to customize your account.
- On the Settings page, you will need to scroll down to get to the General settings section.
- In the General settings section, you will need to tap on the slider icon next to the Block images option. Once you moved the slider to the right, you will no more see images being displayed in the incoming mails you receive in your Yahoo Mail account.
Steps to Block Images in Your Incoming Yahoo Mail Messages on Desktop Browser
If you access your Yahoo Mail account using a desktop web browser, you can block the images in the incoming messages of your Yahoo Mail account by following these steps:
- Go to the Yahoo Mail sign-in page on your computer browser and log into your account. Once you are logged in to your Yahoo Mail account, you will need to click on the Settings option located next to the top-right corner of the screen.
- As you will click on the Settings option, a menu will display below the option. Here, you will need to click on the More Settings option located at the bottom of the menu. This will direct you to the Settings section of your Yahoo Mail account.
- In the Settings section of your Yahoo Mail account, you will need to click on the Viewing email option located on the left-hand side panel of your Yahoo Mail account window. Doing so will open the different features available under this section.
- In the Viewing email section, you will need to go to the section which reads – Show images in messages. By default, you will see the Always, except in Spam folder option selected under this section.
- As you don’t wish the images to be displayed in the incoming emails in your Yahoo Mail account, you will need to select the Ask before showing external emails option.
- Selecting this option will make Yahoo Mail prompt for permission to display external images whenever you receive an email that contains photos. You can decide whether or not to see the images using the given options in the prompt.
So, now as you know how to block images in your incoming Yahoo Mail messages on Android and desktop, you can easily customize this option to manage your mailbox.
Need further assistance for blocking images for your incoming emails in Yahoo Mail on Android app, feel free to reach our Yahoo customer support center. Our team has proficient professionals to provide instant assistance for all Yahoo Mail related issues through email, live chat, and phone 24 by 7. Contact us today!