Are you locked out of your Yahoo mail account? If yes, you can only regain access to your account using a recovery mobile phone number or email address. So it’s recommended to have an active mobile phone number and email address linked to your Yahoo mail account. One more benefit of having a valid mobile phone number associated with your Yahoo account is that you will receive notification for any sign-in attempt from an unfamiliar device or location and also if any changes are being made to your account.
Here we are providing the useful steps to Add, Change or Remove Mobile Phone Numbers in Yahoo Mail on a web browser or Yahoo mail app.
You will also receive a confirmation email from Yahoo whenever you add, change or remove recovery mobile phone number in your Yahoo account
Guide to Add Mobile Phone Number in Yahoo Mail
Adding a backup phone number allows you to reset your Yahoo password online. Follow the complete step-by-step instructions to add a mobile number to your Yahoo Mail account using a web browser or mobile app.
Steps to Add Mobile Number in Yahoo from a Browser
- Login to your Yahoo mail account using the login credentials, such as Yahoo user id, phone number, email address, and password.
- Once you log in to your Yahoo account, click on your profile name from the top right side.
- Now, Click on the “Account Info” that will direct you to the “Personal Info” page.
- To add a recovery phone number, click on the “Account Security” option from the left side category section.
- Now you will be prompted to sign in again. (this will ALWAYS happen when you try to access Account Security section)
- After this, click on “Phone numbers,” and a new dialog window will pop up to add a recovery phone number.
- Now, Pursue the on-screen prompts to enter and verify your new mobile phone number.
Steps to Add Mobile Number in Yahoo from Yahoo Mobile APP
- Open the Yahoo Mail App and tap the Profile icon from the upper left-side corner.
- After this, tap on the Manage accounts tab.
- Now, tap on Account Info and then tap on the Security Settings option.
- Now you will be prompted to enter your Yahoo Mail Password or Touch ID.
- Tap on the Phone Numbers tab and follow the on-screen prompts to add and verify your new mobile phone number.
Guide to Change Mobile Phone Number in Yahoo Mail
Below you can find the proven steps on how to change mobile number in Yahoo mail. Pursue these steps:
Steps to Edit Mobile Number in Yahoo from a Web Browser
- Visit the Yahoo Account Security page.
- Use your Yahoo email address and password in the provided field to sign in to your Yahoo mail account.
- Now, click on the “Phone Numbers” option to change the mobile phone number in your Yahoo mail account.
- Click on the Edit icon next to the recovery phone number.
- Now enter your new recovery mobile phone number after selecting your country code and click Confirm.
- Yahoo will now send a 5-digit verification code on your new phone number. Enter the code in the specified field and click Verify phone number.
- Your new phone number is now added to your Yahoo mail account and can be used to recover your account in the future.
Steps to Change Recovery Mobile Number from Yahoo Mobile APP
- Open Yahoo mobile app and tap on the Profile icon in the upper left corner.
- Tap Manage Accounts from the list.
- Now tap Account Info located below your profile name.
- Tap Security settings and confirm your identity using your yahoo password or device PIN/pattern/fingerprint.
- Tap Phone numbers and click edit icon beside your old recovery phone number.
- Enter your new recovery phone number and tap Confirm.
- Verify your new backup mobile number and its Done.
Guide to Remove Mobile Phone Number in Yahoo Mail
Follow the below instructions to remove your backup mobile number in Yahoo Mail on a web browser or Yahoo Mail app:
Steps to Remove Mobile Number in Yahoo from a Browser
- Open your Yahoo Account by entering the Yahoo Login details.
- Now, click on your profile picture and click on Account Info.
- After this, go to the Account Security page and click on the ‘Phone Numbers’ tab.
- Now click on the edit icon next to your linked mobile phone number.
- Then, click on Remove from my account to delete the recovery mobile phone number from your Yahoo account.
Steps to Remove Recovery Mobile Number from Yahoo Mobile APP
- To begin the process, tap on the Profile icon on your Yahoo Mail app.
- Now, tap on the Manage accounts tab and click Account info.
- After this, tap on Security settings and click on Phone Numbers.
- Tap on the edit icon next to your recovery phone number.
- Finally, tap Remove from my account to unlink your alternate phone number from the Yahoo account.