Yahoo Mail ensures you to provide email account security with reliable surrounds, so whenever you are in a lock out situation you can easily regain your Yahoo access via using the alternative mobile number. Here we are providing the useful steps to Add or Remove Mobile Phone Number on Yahoo Mail.
Note: All the below mentioned steps are applicable for the Yahoo Mail app and Yahoo Mail web login.
Guide to Add/Remove Mobile Number on Yahoo Mail
Follow the complete step-by-step instructions to add a mobile number on your Yahoo Mail, as mentioned below:
- Visit the Yahoo Account Security page.
- After this, type your email address in the provided filed and tap on Next.
- Then, click on Sign In button.
Note: If you don’t want to log in via password, tap on Try the new way to sign in.
- You will be redirected to Account security page, where you need to select Phone Numbers link.
- A window will appear on your screen asking add a recovery phone number.
- Now, Pursue the on-screen prompts to enter and verify your new phone number.
Steps to Remove Mobile Number on Yahoo Mail
If in case you want to remove the added mobile number from the Yahoo Mail, then pursue these steps-
- Open your Yahoo Account by entering the Yahoo Login details.
- Now, tap your Yahoo profile picture and click on Account Info.
- After this, go to the Account Security page and click on ‘Phone Numbers’ tab.
- Then, click on the Delete icon to remove the unnecessary alternate phone number.
Similarly, you can add or remove contact number in the Yahoo Mail mobile application.
Guide to Add/Remove Mobile Number on Yahoo Mail App
Follow the guidebook instructions to add a mobile number on the Yahoo Mail app:
- Open the Yahoo Mail app and tap the Menu icon presented on the upper left-side corner.
- After this, click on the Manage accounts tab.
- Now, click on Account Info and then tap on Security settings option.
- In the next step, you will need to enter your Yahoo Mail Password or Touch ID for ‘Yahoo Mail’.
- Click on the Phone Numbers tab and follow the on-screen prompts to add or verify your added phone number.
Steps to Remove Mobile Number on Yahoo Mail App
- To begin the process, click the Menu icon presented on the Yahoo Mail app.
- Now, tap on Manage accounts tab and click Account info.
- After this, click on Security settings and select on ‘Phone Number’.
Finally, tap the Delete icon to remove the surplus alternate phone number.